Download [PDF] What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma Kindle ePUB



What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma Online Kindle ePUB by Stephanie Foo


Read and Download What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma Ebook Free Stephanie Foo - downloader - pdf, epub, kindle mobi... What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma Download pdf... What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma PDF Download Free Stephanie Foo Ebook English (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE)





Download book of What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma


A searing memoir of reckoning and healing by acclaimed journalist Stephanie Foo, investigating the little-understood science behind complex PTSD and how it has shaped her life“Achingly exquisite . . . providing real hope for those who long to heal.”—Lori Gottlieb, New York Times bestselling author of Maybe You Should Talk to SomeoneONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR: The Washington Post, Cosmopolitan, NPR, Mashable, She Reads, Publishers WeeklyBy age thirty, Stephanie Foo was successful on paper: She had her dream job as an award-winning radio producer at This American Life and a loving boyfriend. But behind her office door, she was having panic attacks and sobbing at her desk every morning. After years of questioning what was wrong with herself, she was diagnosed with complex PTSD—a condition that occurs when trauma happens continuously, over the course of years.Both of Foo’s parents abandoned her when she was a teenager, after years of physical and verbal abuse and neglect. She thought she’d moved on, but her new diagnosis illuminated the way her past continued to threaten her health, relationships, and career. She found limited resources to help her, so Foo set out to heal herself, and to map her experiences onto the scarce literature about C-PTSD.In this deeply personal and thoroughly researched account, Foo interviews scientists and psychologists and tries a variety of innovative therapies. She returns to her hometown of San Jose, California, to investigate the effects of immigrant trauma on the community, and she uncovers family secrets in the country of her birth, Malaysia, to learn how trauma can be inherited through generations. Ultimately, she discovers that you don’t move on from trauma—but you can learn to move with it.Powerful, enlightening, and hopeful, What My Bones Know is a brave narrative that reckons with the hold of the past over the present, the mind over the body—and examines one woman’s ability to reclaim agency from her trauma.

Details of the book :


Author : Stephanie Foo
★★★★☆ 4.7 from 5 stars (2043 Reviews)
Langue : English
ISBN-10 : 0593238125
File size: 19 MB

Support format : PDF, EPUB, Kindle, Audio HTML, RTF, TXT, MOBI.
Compatible device : Android, Apple, iPad, iPhone, PC, and Amazon Kindle.


The author spills her guts on these pages. The way she weaves the stories of her life- the books of her life. I cannot find the words to express how many emotions I went through with her. How I loved watching her grow and I feel I grew with her with the wealth of information she shares. SHARES- does she! She lays every terrible wonderful awful horrible revelation on the line. She does not hold back. I cried, I smiled, I cried and cried some more with her. Most of all I cheered her on. She is a Warrior! So many would have given up so many times for what she endured and for what she learned they may have given up and said what is the use and perhaps buried themselves in a bottle or a refrigerator. Not this woman - she kept looking for the why, she pushed she shoved. After reading this I wish I had been a journalist for this gave her access to interviews many would not be privy to yet she has shared all she learned yet more so I marveled when she put it all together, she had a grand curiosity that I do think saved her life for she just keeps digging till she came out on the other side. I am not spoiling anything. I am grateful for her words in the beginning that there is a happy ending. I cried happy tears during those last thank God Chapters. For the person she IS - I so wish I could sit down with her and talk to her. I hope she writes many more books. I love the way she puts a book together. I love this book - I love this author. I love the human "being" that she was and IS because of the life she survived and now shines line the sun and is a light to us all. xo What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma Online Kindle ePUB source Well, I guess once I’m done crying I can explain how much this book meant to me. I stayed up until 4 am last night willing myself to put it down, but I knew I couldn’t. It’s a wonderful, horrible, sad, joyful journey into and through trauma. It resonated for me more than the many technical manuals I’ve read because Stephanie shared her personal story, her own journey, and her desperate need for understanding and healing, and it became intimately familiar and relatable, and empowering. Honestly, it was the perfect book for me at exactly the right time. I’m bouncing around on the same recovery boat, and it was a beautiful reminder that we can (and should strive to) paddle fiercely until we recover our true selves after complex trauma.I don’t know…I’m a trauma-informed therapist and a part of me wants to address the book from this professional aspect, but honestly? As a complex trauma survivor I just want to sit and feel good about Stephanie’s story. I want to enjoy how seen and heard it made me feel to read it. I want to bask in the delight of her discoveries and keep noticing how much us survivors all follow the same basic trail until we reach some level of enlightenment. I feel…good after reading this. I feel more aware of how trauma impacts specific communities, and I feel validated personally. Reading this gave me some peace. PDF What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma book online I spontaneously bought this book not knowing exactly the extent of what I’d be getting myself into, but I am glad I did. I knew it could possibly be triggering, but just like the author, I have this constant need for learning about myself and my illness in order to try and ‘fix’ me. And much like her, I have learned a lot. I feel as if I’ve been on this long journey with her. Despite still being ‘in the thick of it’, of healing, books like this and people like her continue to inspire, teach and create this community where we feel less alone. If you’re struggling with your complex trauma, or just want to learn more about it, this book is a fantastic resource. Thank you, Stephanie, for being vulnerable for the world and sharing your pain and love with us. ePUB What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma pdf online I heard Stephanie on the "Disrupted" podcast and decided to buy this book. Even though our experiences are the different, the emotions shared in this book reached my life. Stephanie's writing is honest, witty and relatable. The little nuggets of truth that allow me to feel seen and even understand ways in which I can hope. Thank you to Stephanie for writing this book, I encourage anyone reading this review to read it, if you feel like you are in the fence. Download PDF What My Bones Know: A Memoir of Healing from Complex Trauma This was the most relatable book I have read on C-PTSD. From the cultural perspective to the search for answers regarding her diagnosis, I found myself walking the same journey. I felt seen knowing that I wasn’t alone in these struggles with dealing from C-PTSD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download (PDF) Radiant Sin (Dark Olympus, 4) Kindle Online

Download [PDF] Spellcasting Companion for Physical Witchcraft:: An A-Z Guide of Magical Ingredients Kindle Mobile